function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vijaya kudupudivijaya kudupudi 

We couldn't relate your email to this record. Please try again. Confirm to retry."

Hi All,

I am getting the error message "We couldn't relate your event to this record. Please try again. Confirm to retry." when i try to attach the email through lightning for outlook. Can anybody help me on this? how can rectify this?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vijaya,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

Are you able to see a log of the user's login history on their user detail page? It should be labeled as the Outlook client. If not, it may be that it's not able to connect to Salesforce.

The fact that you can do emails but not events could provide a clue. Can you check to see if there is any different behavior expected around events in your org compared to emails (tasks)? They could be in the form of:
  • A validation Rule
  • A workflow Rule
  • An Apex trigger
  • Body/content is too large (Description field)
Regards,
Nagendra
vijaya kudupudivijaya kudupudi
Hi Nagendra,

Thank you for your reponse. Actual error message is "We couldn't relate your email to this record. Please try again. Confirm to retry."
It is email only not the event. I am not able to attach email not the event.
Ramesh VaratharajRamesh Varatharaj
Hi Vijaya, did you manage to fix this? I am having the same issue and any guidance would be helpful. 
Vinay Choudhary 2Vinay Choudhary 2
We are facing the same issue. Raised a case with SF. Will update if we find any solution.
Robert ClarkeRobert Clarke
What did support say?  Having the same issue.  Thanks.