function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iLoad LoansiLoad Loans 

I would like to send an email at 6pm daily with updates on the progress of the applications we are managing for them

I need reccomendations and if possible price indication for someone to develop an Apex code to handle the above requirement
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi,

1. What kind of updates are we talking about here?
2. Does a summary need to be sent or an email for each application?
3. What are the objects involved here, is application the only object here or are there any other fields which needs to be tracked?
4. Are the users who are going to view it internal or external business users?
5. Does this email have a specific template or format in which it needs to be sent?

RD 
iLoad LoansiLoad Loans
1- parameter for the daily email would be Brokers - active (we have a checkbox for inactive brokers) Applications - status open 2 I need an email sent to our active clients daily, with a summary of the applications we are handling for them with approx 5 fields from the application object included 3 objects as above Brokers Filtered Active Applications belonging to broker, stays open 4 viewers are external clients that have no access to our data base 5 I will give a template for the email
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi,

1. There is an out of box solution which might of use without much of coding required. We can create a report with active applications, i.e. application on the respective status. Which would form the summary of the application you want to share.

2. The reports can be scheduled to be sent as emails. We might have to create users for scheduling the reports to them

Does this satisfy your requirement? if not we can create a custom coded solution for this.

Also, what is the relationship between brokers and clients, are they same or to different entities, an example would be really helpful in arriving at a solution.

iLoad LoansiLoad Loans
Sorry brokers and clients are one and the same. I had initially created reports and thought I could utilise the report scheduling sending to myself and utilising rules to forward as required - not realising there were limits on how many we could schedule. It was suggested Apex scheduling could accomodate the specific scheduling Trying to work out if a custom solution is affordable and more effective long term Sent fromd - my iPhone
RD@SFRD@SF
Yes, if the standard report scheduling is not able to help you, then apex scheduler would be a robust and effective solution.

All right, so my understanding so far, you are handling applications for clients/brokers. You want to send each of your clients a summary of the applications which are on status open. So if you have 'n' number of clients, you want to send 'n' reports to your clients at 6 AM with the 5 fields form the application object?

For a client, is it one email address you need to send the report to? or a group of email addresses?
How many application records are we talking about here, we might have to use a batch process to overcome salesforce limits.

RD

iLoad LoansiLoad Loans
Reports to at @6pm but apart from that your understanding is correct. I think batching May be the preference as we are gearing for expansion Each report would be sent to the brokers/clients individual email “ address
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi,

A batchable scheduler should do the trick.
  1. It would pick up the application record fields,( a custom setting can be added here to add or remove application fields from the CSV file being sent to the brokers making it more robust) based on the client/brokers
  2. Create a CSV file which would be emailed to the email address stored in the client/broker record.
What kind of assistance would you be needing going forward?

iLoad LoansiLoad Loans
I need a $ figure to get it done
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi,

1. Based on what we have discussed so far it should be about 20 hours of work. Which includes development, testing, deployment and documentation. It should take about 450-500 AUD approx. (@25AUD/hour) .This again changes with the developer.

2. If you want me to give it a go, you can reach me at "deepakrathinavelu@outlook.com".

RD  
iLoad LoansiLoad Loans
I would like to proceed, I have emailed as above and had no reply - can anyone assist.

RD@SFRD@SF
Hi,

Apologies for the delay.
I have replied to your email.

RD