function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nethra RaghupathyNethra Raghupathy 

Make custom lightning app available as a tab in lightning

Hi,

I have one basic doubt. I have developed a custom lightning app, which imports few lightning components. How to make that app available as a tab ?
With Preview I'm able to view the app.
UserDetails.app
<aura:application extends="force:slds">
	<c:UserDetails1 />
        <c:UserDetails2 />
        <c:UserDetails3 />
</aura:application>

bhanu_prakashbhanu_prakash
Hi Nethra,

If you want to make you application as tab you app must contains force:appHostable 
<aura:component implements="force:appHostable">
and follow steps in below url 
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=aura_add_cmp_lex.htm&type=5

let us know if it helps you and mark it best if it helps you
Thanks, 
Bhanu Prakash
visit ForceLearn.com  (https://www.forcelearn.com/)
Bhanu Prakash,

My component is available as a tab but I want my app(.app file) to be available as tab. My app holds multiple component in it.
bhanu_prakashbhanu_prakash
Hi Nethra,

1.) You can create a Web Tab and add the hard-coded URL for the Lighting App using the syntax cdylancarter mentioned as the URL. This will open the Lightning App inside of your Salesforce environment; therefore, you will still have the sidebar, header, standard stylesheets, etc.

2.) The more preferable way I have found is to create a Connected App in the Salesforce environment and specify the Lightning App URL as the "Start URL". You can then add the App to the App Launcher and it will appear in your normal app dropdown menu so that you can launch the app directly from there.
Bhanu Prakash,

I get it. But mine is not a connected app. Its a lightning app with multiple component. All I required is to display mutliple components in a single app as it looks in the 'Preview'.