function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew AlldredgeAndrew Alldredge 

REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING: Required fields are missing: [Name]?

Hi All,

Working through Combine the Power of Process Builder and Cloud Flow Designer (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/business_process_automation/units/business_process_automation_combined) and have an issue with REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING: Required fields are missing: [Name].

Have Process Builder set up as:
Process Builder

Process Builder: Closed Won

Flow Designer is set up as:
Flow Designer: Renew Opportunity

Update Opportunity Fields

Receive errors as: Error Occurred During Flow "Renew_Opportunity": This error occurred when the flow tried to create records
Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING: Required fields are missing: [Name]. For details, see API Exceptions.
All Opportunities have an Opportunity Name (as seen in Opportunity details). 

Can resolve issue by assigning constant "AssignNameTest" to {!http://opportunity.Name } in Flow designer.

In further attempts at resolution, created a validation on Opportunity Name to make sure it had an assigned name (even though an Opportunity Name was always visible in the details, as noted above) and removed assigned constant “AssignNameTest” to {!http://opportunity.Name } in Flow designer. 

With Opportunity name validation, received the error: 

FAST CREATE: Clone_Opportunity
Create Opportunity records using the values that are stored in {!opportunity}.
Variable Values
[StageName=Prospecting,CloseDate=8/5/2018 7:00 PM]
Result
Failed to create records.

Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION: Enter an opportunity name.. For details, see API Exceptions.

Any advice on a direction to look in is appreciated!
Best Answer chosen by Andrew Alldredge
Noting this error (from above):
RENEW_OPPORTUNITY (FLOWS): myRule_1_A1
Inputs:
None​

I went back into Process Builder and found that I did not have:

Trailhead instructions

These instructions are noted in the next session of the Lightning Flow module: Combine the Power of Process Builder and Cloud Flow Designer (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/business_process_automation/units/business_process_automation_combined).

I then cloned and edited my version of Process Builder to look as:

Edited Process Builder 

Activated new version in Process Builder and everything worked. Great learning experience!

All Answers

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Set the Opportuinty Name in flow like opportunity Stage and ClosedDate you are doing
Thanks Amit. 

I did try that in a previous version, but re-activated it and re-ran it to show process and error results.

Here is the setup in Flow Designer, as suggested. This seems a worthwhile troubleshooting approach, but to my understanding is unnecessary for the exercise as this is only for field updates, with the entire record to be cloned in next step, Fast Create of the sObject variable {!opportunity}. 

Assign Opportunity Name (Version 4 of Flow Design: Renew Opportunity)

Upon moving opportunity to Closed Won, I receive this on-screen notification:

Close Won Screen error notification

Flow - Process Builder error notification:

Process Builder error notification.

Note (from error above): 
Inputs:
None

Flow error notiifcation:

Flow error notification

Note (from error above):
Error element Update_Opportunity_Fields (FlowAssignment).
The flow failed to access the value for opportunity.Name because it hasn't been set or assigned.

Noting this error (from above):
Inputs:
None​

I went back into Process Builder and found that I did not have:

Trailhead instructions

These instructions are noted in the next session of the Lightning Flow module: Combine the Power of Process Builder and Cloud Flow Designer (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/business_process_automation/units/business_process_automation_combined).

I then cloned and edited my version of Process Builder to look as:

Edited Process Builder 

Activated new version in Process Builder and everything worked. Great learning experience!

This was selected as the best answer
Cynthia Bell McGillisCynthia Bell McGillis
Hey Andrew. Thanks for posting this--I ran into the exact same situation where I missed the "Set Flow Variables" section of Trailhead.

Once I fixed that, I was able to save the opportunity as Closed Won and it cloned no problem. However, it did not clone the Opportunity Products. Did you encounter this issue? 
Hey Cynthia,

Thanks for the post. I am not exactly sure what you mean by "it cloned no problem." 

The reason I cloned and edited my version of Process Builder (as noted in the accepted answer above) was to maintain the work that had been correctly done and then to edit what needed to be corrected. 

I have since deleted the Trailhead Playground associated witth his exercise, and it seems that you have also come to a satisfactory conclusion of the exercise. If you have more questions, or insight into the issue, I am sure others will appreciate you posting as they may also come across the same problems.

In general, I found that sometimes I have gone through a Trailhead exercise and I am certain that it should be passing the test and researching the issue points in the same direction. In these few cases, I found the best approach was to create a new Trailhead Playground and redo the exercise. It can be frustrating at the time, but the extra effort is worth it!

Best,
Andy

Armando Prieto TrianoArmando Prieto Triano
I get same error with opportunities without products, but works with opportunities with products.
Alejandro Isai Beltrán UrestiAlejandro Isai Beltrán Uresti
use esta variable (Current Item from Loop Iterate_Over_Products)  en lugar de (oppProduct_loop)

Update_Opportunity_Product

Add_to_New_Collection