function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
grandak koygrandak koy 

Due date Apex Class

need to be able to calculate the “Due Date” of a record when a certain picklist is chosen.
I have a parent object: Shipment, the child object Orders, and the child object of orders  “packages"
If the parent object “Shipment” has a picklist chosen of “Urgent” or “Shipped”I need to set the  Due date  to Tuesday based off of the created date being on a Monday.
So if the created date is on a Tuesday, then the due date will be Thursday. The due date will be on a PACKAGE object if the package is of type “8x”
If it is of type “5x” the due date will be that following Monday, so if the created date was tues, set due date for that following Monday for packages of “5x”

How can I write an apex class for this? I can’t do it in a formula because I have exceed the character limit.
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi,
I am not able to fully understand your requirement. Can you please explain using an example?
grandak koygrandak koy
Hi,

If I my Shipment record = "Urgent" then I would need to set the Due Date for a certain amount of days after the created date of shipment depending on what day of the week the created date of shipment is. For example, if the created date is on a Friday, I want the due date to be the following Tuesday if the package record is of "8x" The problem is that package is not a direct child of shipment, it is a child of Orders. Orders is then the direct child of Shipment. Does that make sense?
grandak koygrandak koy
I Guess how could I simplify this formula:

IF( Status__c =‘Processing’|| Status__c=‘Demanded'', 

IF(
MOD(CreatedDate - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7) = 0,
CreatedDate
  +2,
IF(
MOD(CreatedDate
   - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7) = 1,
CreatedDate
  +1,
IF(
MOD(CreatedDate
   - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7) = 2,
CreatedDate
  +2,
IF(
MOD(CreatedDate
   - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7) = 3,
CreatedDate
  +1,
IF(
MOD(CreatedDate
   - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7) = 4,
CreatedDate
IF(
MOD(CreatedDate
   - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7) = 5,
CreatedDate
 +4,
IF(
MOD(ICreatedDate
   - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7) = 6,
CreatedDate
 + 3, null))))))),

It repeats 4 more times for other statuses and my compile error exceeds 5k
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi,
I understood your requirement. Just one thing I want to ask is what is your logic for due date for both 8x and 5x.
I am assuming that Type is picklist field on package__c object with values 5x and 8x.

grandak koygrandak koy
I ended up figuring it out, I had created two seperate formulas to split up what I needed and populating the due date in a text field through a workflow