function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tam Nguyen 27Tam Nguyen 27 

Real time updated from database or API from external application to Salesforce

Scenario: I have a list:

- user (name)
 - status (accepted, arrived, on progress, completed, payment from Stipe (if paid send email thank you, if not send reminder email) ).

When I trigger (status) from my external app, I will update status on Salesforce real-time automatically. Is there a way I can do that on Salesforce?
Best Answer chosen by Tam Nguyen 27
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Tam,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

You can develop a REST API in Salesforce and call it from the external app when you trigger the status and update the same in Salesforce.

Is it possible for you to call the Salesforce exposed REST API from your external System?

Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Tam,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

You can develop a REST API in Salesforce and call it from the external app when you trigger the status and update the same in Salesforce.

Is it possible for you to call the Salesforce exposed REST API from your external System?

Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer
Tam Nguyen 27Tam Nguyen 27
Yes, I can call it from my external app. Thank you Nagendra.