function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew LyleAndrew Lyle 

Custom field is not allowing me to filter in reports... Help!!

Hey Everyone,

I am hoping the amazing people of the Salesforce community can help. I have a custom field (medication name) that I am trying to filter on in a report. Essentially, there is about 500 different medication names but I only want to see 3 of them in this report. When I go to add the field into the filter area, a red X comes over the field. How can I over come this? (See attached photo)Screen shot of report error

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I request you please confirm what is the data type of your custom field which you are trying to filter?

Also, if you are using a custom report type (one created by someone at your company)? If so, you may have to edit the report type and add the field as an available field.

Finally, Make sure you are filtering on the same medication name field that you are grouping the report by. Try dragging the field from the report 'grouping level' to the report filter area so you are sure its the same field.

Please let us know if this helps.

happy to help further.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Andrew LyleAndrew Lyle
Hey Nagendra,

Thanks for the help! It is a text field that the data is API'd from my dispensing software. I am using a custom report but I ensured that the field is added as an available field. I confirmed it is the same "Dispensed Item Name" as the one I am grouping by. Any suggestions for diagnosis?