function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul B 1Paul B 1 

Account object has a field called Account Owner...

Hello, I am working through the Visual Force Basics module and in Use Standard Controllers I am up to this part:

For example, while viewing the object details for Account, you might have noticed that the Account object has a field called Account Owner...

WHERE would I be viewing the object details for Account? Adding a link to that text referencing the page it is referring to would definitely be helpful. And a possibly related question is, are there any API docs that just have all of the objects, methods, and fields listed as a reference?

Thank you
Best Answer chosen by Paul B 1
GhanshyamChoudhariGhanshyamChoudhari
Hi,
For Account API
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_account.htm

always refer  SOAP API Developer Guide for future reference.

Mark as best answer if it helps you.
Thanks,
Ghanshyam Choudhari

All Answers

Hi,
For Account API
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_account.htm

always refer  SOAP API Developer Guide for future reference.

Mark as best answer if it helps you.
Thanks,
Ghanshyam Choudhari
This was selected as the best answer
Paul B 1Paul B 1
Maked as best answer, thank you, although I am not seeing a field in those docs that is "owner", as referenced by the module.

It actually seems like what the module is referencing is if i got to setup (the gear icon in the top right) -> then on the left under "platform tools" I click "objects and fields" and then click "object manager". From the page that comes up I can select "Account" and then "Fields and Relationships". There is the information being referenced, but that is not very clear from the module explaination.

thanks for your help though.
User-added image

Actually, API name owner is nothing but ownerId.
you can query below soql
Select Name ,OwnerId From Account Limit 10

if you query   below soql you will get an error
Select Name ,Owner From Account Limit 10

Select Name ,Owner From Account Limit 10
you will get an error because an owner is a child object of account. 
so if want to extract the information from child object then you need "." operator.
EG.
Select owner.id , Owner.name From Account limit 10