function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kim Foster 4Kim Foster 4 

installation error on trailhead module 'build your first unlocked package'

I am experiencing an installation error on step#2 of the 'Install the package version in an org' section of the 'build your first unlocked package' modeule. Up to this point I have completed all steps successfully.
  1. I loged into my TP as instructed: sfdx force:auth:web:login -a MyTP
  2. then I closed the browser
  3. when I enter this command: sfdx force:package:install -i 04tf40000034hKaAAI -u MyTP -w 10 -p 10
I get the following error. Can you help me figure out why I get this error and how to fix it so I can complete this challenge?

ERROR:  Encountered errors installing the package!,Installation errors:
1) (Advertise_New_Property-2) Invalid field name Owner:User for object Property__c, Details: Advertise_New_Property-2: Invalid field name Owner:User for object Property__c
2) Permission Create Property__c depends on permission(s): Read Castle__c, Details: dreamhouse: Permission Create Property__c depends on permission(s): Read Castle__c
ERROR:  Installation errors:
1) (Advertise_New_Property-2) Invalid field name Owner:User for object Property__c, Details: Advertise_New_Property-2: Invalid field name Owner:User for object Property__c
2) Permission Create Property__c depends on permission(s): Read Castle__c, Details: dreamhouse: Permission Create Property__c depends on permission(s): Read Castle__c

Kim Foster 4Kim Foster 4
I was able to successfully install the released package to my DevHub(trial) with Packaging 2 enabled. I could not add my DevHub to my hands on orgs in trailhead so the challenge could verify this. None of the playgrounds available to me in trailhead are DX enabled. How can I complete this trailhead module? Thanks
Orlando BricenoOrlando Briceno
Something similar happened to me, I created the unmanaged package for the dreamhouse app in my Developer ORG

sfdx force:package:version:create -p th-dreamhouse -d force-app -k test1234 --wait 10 -v mytrailheadorg
Successfully created the package version [08c41000000XZAMAA4]. Subscriber Package Version Id: 04t41000002eb4TAAQ.
Package Installation URL: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t41000002eb4TAAQ

But when I tried to install

sfdx force:package:install --wait 10 --publishwait 10 --package th-dreamhouse@1.0.0-1 -k test1234 -r -u mytrailheadorg

Got these errors:

ERROR:  Encountered errors installing the package!,Installation errors:
1) An object 'Advertise_New_Property-2' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory, Details: Advertise_New_Property-2: An object 'Advertise_New_Property-2' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory
2) An object 'Opportunity_Status_Change-1' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory, Details: Opportunity_Status_Change-1: An object 'Opportunity_Status_Change-1' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory
ERROR:  Installation errors:
1) An object 'Advertise_New_Property-2' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory, Details: Advertise_New_Property-2: An object 'Advertise_New_Property-2' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory
2) An object 'Opportunity_Status_Change-1' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory, Details: Opportunity_Status_Change-1: An object 'Opportunity_Status_Change-1' of type Flow was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory.

I tried the web url installation too same errors, I see you were able to install at the end, what you had to do?User-added image