function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abby ChinyimbaAbby Chinyimba 

how can i map both first name and last name using 'Name' from salesforce fields in the dialogue box? when I choose 'Name' for both first name and last name I get this "Map only one CSV field to Contact: Name"

Best Answer chosen by Abby Chinyimba
Neha AggrawalNeha Aggrawal
Abby,

I completed the challenge: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_implementation_data_management/units/lex_implementation_data_import
It is not giving any issues. I mapped the data to First Name and Last Name. May be you can try it in a new playground. 

All Answers

Hi Abby,

Why are you mapping both first name and last name in Name field. You can map FirstName and LastName fields in Contact object to your fields in the csv file.

Hi Neha, Thank you for your response. I am very new to salesforce. How do I go about mapping FirstName and LastName fields in Contact object to your fields in the csv file?

Which tool are you using to map the data ? If you are using data loader, you just need to select contact object, choose your file and than map the fields as per below screen shot. Salesforce import wizard should map the fields automatically.

Data Loader
I am using data import wizard to import data from a csv file that I downloaded from the challenge that I am currently completing from trailhead training modules. 
Yes some fields were mapped automatically, but some fields such as First name, last name and cell were unmapped. This is where I have to map them to fields in salesforce. I tried to map both first name and last name to 'Name' field in salesforce and I got this "Map only one CSV field to Contact: Name".
ok. Click on change on left side. Remove Name field from the mapping by clicking on cross and type firstname.You will see that field, select it, click on map and that field will be mapped. Follow the same for lastname.

User-added image

User-added image
Hi Neha. I have tried that several times and the data does get imported. But when I try to complete the challenge, It keeps giving me an error message saying, "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: One of the contact records from the CSV file could not be found in the Org". 
I also get this no reply email from salesforce:
Contacts Created: 0
Contacts Updated: 0
Contacts Ignored: 20 (We ignored updates that we couldn't match to an existing record.)
Contacts Failed:  0 (We couldn't import these due to errors.)
Contacts Rejected:  0 (We rejected duplicate rows.)
NOTE: Challenge actually states that I have to "Use 'Name' for matching contact records."
Abby,

I completed the challenge: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_implementation_data_management/units/lex_implementation_data_import
It is not giving any issues. I mapped the data to First Name and Last Name. May be you can try it in a new playground. 
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Neha, It finally worked!
Rohit Prasad 1Rohit Prasad 1
Hi Abby,
For Data Import Wizard challenge, you do not need to do any change in the csv file. Just map FName and LName of the csv file with the corresponding in Standard Object 'Accounts and Contacts'. Cell with Mobile as already directed in the Challenge. There will not be any issue.
Elizabeth BlockElizabeth Block
I have tried mapping to "FName and LName of the csv file with the corresponding in Standard Object 'Accounts and Contacts'. " and this did not satisfy the challenge. It sill looks for 2 attendees and I have tried a variety of mappings. As of yet no luck. The challenge now says to map custom objects as well. 
kavya sudha 9kavya sudha 9

Hi All,

I am very new to salesforce and while I am trying to complete my trail head modules I am not able to complete the Data Import Wizard Challenge. Its throwing an error 

"Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 1
We couldn't find the contact records from the CSV file. Make sure you import the CSV file correctly."

I have downloaded the csv file given in the challenge ,mapped all the three filed and clicked on start import and the import was successful but still not able to complete the challenge

Can someone please help me here??