function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff Garbers - PRODJeff Garbers - PROD 

Lightning equivalent of custom link to a Visualforce form

Running under Classic, I have a "Custom Link" on our homepage that takes users to a custom Visualforce form I've created to ease data entry. Now, I'd like to provide that form's functionality with a Lightning user interface so it can be used effectively on mobile devices. I've worked through many of the Trailhead lessons, but I'm still unclear whether I should be creating a whole new "app" -- which seems like overkill --  or if there is some simpler way to deploy and provide access to the Lightning-based form that I intend to create. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? Thanks in advance!
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You need to create a lightning component with below code and add it the homepage

<aura:component implements="force:appHostable,force:lightningQuickActionWithoutHeader,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global" >
        <ui:button label="navigateToURL" press="{!c.gotoURL}" />
</aura:component>

({
gotoURL : function(component, event, helper) {
    var urlEvent = $A.get("e.force:navigateToURL");
    urlEvent.setParams({
        "url":"/apex/mypage"
    });
    urlEvent.fire(); 
},
})
Jeff Garbers - PRODJeff Garbers - PROD
Raj - thanks so much for your nearly instantaneous response! That looks like a fast way to provide access to the form I have now, which will be a great start. But I'd like to build a new version of the form based on the Lightning UI. Will that new form have to be in its own app, with the "/apex/mypage" link in your example pointing to that app? Or is there some smaller "unit of deployment", so to speak, for my form? I've seen a reference to something called a "Lightning Page" but I'm not clear how that differs from an app. Thanks!
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You need to create a Lightning component with form  which is same like /apex/  mypage and add it the  "Lightning Page"