function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Adding two field values to make one

We recently installed a new event registration application called Fonteva. We are having a problem with reporting on complete GL Account codes. The GL Account codes are truncated in reporting and they can't seem to come up with an answer for us to alleviate this issue. So I was thinking there might be some other way of doing this through potentially using Process Builder. My idea is this.

The Description field in the Transaction object has part of the GL Account Code, lets say '42300 Workshop Income' but the complete GL Account Code should be and look like this 4233-3-35 Workshop Income. Is there a way for me to create a field that when the incomplete code '42300 Workshop Income' posts it triggers a complete code of '4233-3-35 Workshop Income' in a custom field? I was thinking maybe this could be accomplished in Process Builder. Any help would be very much appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Glenn Nyhan 54
Ashish DevAshish Dev
Definitely you can, it is just a field update.

All Answers

Ashish DevAshish Dev
How do you derive complete code 4233-3-35 from incomplete code 43200 ?
 The GL Account Code in the system is: '42300 Workshop Income' , so my question is can I set up Process Builder to look at that string and when it sees it add to a custom field this string: '4233-3-35 Workshop Income'?  Thanks!
Ashish DevAshish Dev
Definitely you can, it is just a field update.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks Ashish! I so appreciate your input. 
Ashish DevAshish Dev
Welcome Glenn