function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeepVDeepV 

Onclick make inputfield Editable using javascript

Hi all,
 I have the inputfield inside the pageblocktable, when the page is display the Role should be readonly.

When the user clicks the button i'e; onclick I want the role field to be editable. How can I do this?

NOTE: each time the user clicks the  Add Contact button then the field should be editable.

<apex:pageblocksection title="Contact Information" columns="1">
                <apex:pageblocktable value="{!anewContact}" var="item" id="newContactitems"  columnsWidth="5%,20%,10%,10%,10%,10%,5%,5%,5%,5%,10%,3%,2%">
                    <!-- A button to remove individual entry. s
                    We must to pass the line number to define a list entry number to remove -->
                    <apex:column headervalue="Delete">
                        <apex:commandbutton immediate="true" action="{!removeContactObject}" value=" X " rerender="newContactitems,panelWithVar">
                            <apex:param name="p2" value="{!rowContactNumber}" assignto="{!numberOfContactRowToRemove}" />
                        </apex:commandbutton>
                    </apex:column>
                    <!-- Moreover here we incrementing the row number variable -->
                    <!--<apex:column headerValue="RowCount">
                        <apex:outputText value="{!rowContactNumber}"/>
                    </apex:column>-->
                   <apex:column headervalue="Role">
                        <apex:inputfield value="{!item.REL_VS_Contact_Role__c}" html-disabled="{!editMode}"/>
                        <apex:variable var="rowContactNumber" value="{!rowContactNumber + 1}" />
 </apex:pageblocktable>

Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)

Hi,
In your column,
<apex:column headervalue="Role">
                        <apex:inputfield value="{!item.REL_VS_Contact_Role__c}" html-disabled="{!editMode}"/>
                        <apex:variable var="rowContactNumber" value="{!rowContactNumber + 1}" />

If you are setting apex:inputfield to disabled by default then am afraid you won't be able to execute a Javascript function on the onclick event.
That's because disabled elements don't fire mouse events