function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Signagelive DevelopmentSignagelive Development 

Scheduled jobs not starting since spring 18 update

We have a number of proceses that work by rescheduling themselves, ie chained scheduled jobs. This has worked perfectly for 3-4 years now.

Since the update this weekend, all of a sudden jobs that are scheduled to start just don't get started and it seems to be completely random. The job is definitely scheduled because I can see it in the list of scheduled jobs but the next scheduled run time comes and goes and the job never gets run.

There is nothing in the logs that I can see. This seems like a bug to me - has anyone else got any experience of this or any idea what might be the issue?

I don't even believe it is neccessarily related to the chaining as I have seen this happen when scheduling a job to start in 5 minutes time the job does not even get started the first time.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
It's very difficult to find the answer from your description but i could suggest the below options 
  1. Query the AsycJob to see the details 
  2. Run the code to see whether its scheduling correctly or not. I mean without ant error or exceptions 
  3. Finally one , log a case with Salesforce tech support 
Signagelive DevelopmentSignagelive Development
Thanks for the response.

I can understand that I didn't give much to go on. I have raised a support case and am awaiting a response.

Just to clarify things slightly, the issue actually started Sunday night and what is happening is cron jobs are getting stuck in the waiting state and are never progressing to acquired or beyond even long after the next scheduled fire time has passed.

This seems like a technical issue as scheduling has always worked flawlessly for us in the past.