function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shobha JamesShobha James 

what is the solution to send a reminder mail to the past records

I would like to send a reminder email to the candidates those who are registered between 3/1/2018 and 5/2/2018 to attend for the candidate assesment session.I could write the rule for the newly created one and is working fine.what is the solution to send a reminder mail for the past records.i heard like work flow will not work for the past records. this is my rule criteria
(Contact: Contact Record TypeequalsCandidate) and (Contact: Created Dategreater or equal3/1/2018) and (Contact: Created Dateless or equal5/2/2018) and (Contact: Welcome Email Sent equalsTrue)
BHARAT ARORA 2BHARAT ARORA 2

You need to touch your all records once using simple update command. I am assuming that your workflow criteria is created and any time updated.

List<Contact> lstCon= [select id from Contact limit 50000];
update lstCon ;

Above is the first option where you have less then 50k records. but if you have more then 50k records you should use apex dataloder to perform the same operation.

1. Export all the record using dataloader
2. import again without making any changes. 

Benefit to user data loader is it will run in 200 records batches and it will process more then 50k records.

Thanks, 
 Bharat Arora 
 Salesforce Developer | Administrator

Shobha JamesShobha James
Hi Bharat,
Thanks for  the reply.. my criteria is Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it's edited to subsequently meet criteria..
we can use the above for the time trigger action also?