function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RahulRahul 

Hi friends, I have a requirement that when I create a Account with particular Email address and if that email address is already present in some contact, this new Account should Associate with that contact automatically

Iam writing a Trigger on this but I have no Idea how to do this. I will Post that trigger soon here, If anyone have some Idea you can help me.

Thanks.
Ravi Dutt SharmaRavi Dutt Sharma
Are you sure about the requirement? I think it should be the other way round. When you create a contact with particular email and if that email is already present on an account, then this contact should be tagged to that matching account
RahulRahul
Hi Ravi, I have created an Email field in Account. There is data coming from backend into Account, like it is integrated with a website. So when People enter the details such as name, email,phone etc. it is created into that account. Now this should check that is there a contact with the same email which is present in account. If it finds the Email address, this account will link to that contact as I have made contact the parent and account as a child. Because as per business requirement , one contact handles multiple Account. Thanks