function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GMASJGMASJ 

ConcurrentPerOrgLongTxn Limit exceeded.

Hi, 

I keep getting "ConcurrentPerOrgLongTxn Limit exceeded." error while updating data loader it interrupts in beetween update and dispalys "ConcurrentPerOrgLongTxn Limit exceeded." this message 

Please let me know what is the issue here I am not able to complete my data update because of this error. 

Thanks
Sudhir
Best Answer chosen by GMASJ
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Do you have any Sync web services on the Object ?? it might be there the reason  

It seems that these days the actual start of a HTTP request (ie. the reception of headers by SF) is when a request starts counting against the concurrent request limit - potentially the reception of a body and thus Apex-execution kick-off can be many seconds later. This all causes connectivity to be a factor in the amount of concurrent processes your subscriber org is running.

1. It seems that the new exception takes into account the time since the start of a HTTP request for determining the execution time of a synchronous request, rather than the actual start of processing (ie. when the body has been fully received)
  2. Potentially sending the body of the HTTP request to the SFDC platform can take more than a few seconds - causing these kind of jobs to count towards the concurrent apex limit (10 synchronous processes running longer than 5 seconds) - 
  3. It seems that Salesforce has introduced a new exception type "ConcurrentPerOrgLongTxn" which is more or less equal to "ConcurrentPerOrgLongApex" - not documented anywhere but confirmed by first-line support that it should be treated as being equal
  4. We have run across this exception using a mobile application with ~400 concurrent users talking to a number of custom REST-services - this has been running beautifully for years - the number of users nor the salesforce org nor the devices used nor the connectivity has changed significantly recently

https://github.com/koenfaro90/SFDC-ConcurrentPerOrgLongTxn-Reproduction

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/5006

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Do you have any Sync web services on the Object ?? it might be there the reason  

It seems that these days the actual start of a HTTP request (ie. the reception of headers by SF) is when a request starts counting against the concurrent request limit - potentially the reception of a body and thus Apex-execution kick-off can be many seconds later. This all causes connectivity to be a factor in the amount of concurrent processes your subscriber org is running.

1. It seems that the new exception takes into account the time since the start of a HTTP request for determining the execution time of a synchronous request, rather than the actual start of processing (ie. when the body has been fully received)
  2. Potentially sending the body of the HTTP request to the SFDC platform can take more than a few seconds - causing these kind of jobs to count towards the concurrent apex limit (10 synchronous processes running longer than 5 seconds) - 
  3. It seems that Salesforce has introduced a new exception type "ConcurrentPerOrgLongTxn" which is more or less equal to "ConcurrentPerOrgLongApex" - not documented anywhere but confirmed by first-line support that it should be treated as being equal
  4. We have run across this exception using a mobile application with ~400 concurrent users talking to a number of custom REST-services - this has been running beautifully for years - the number of users nor the salesforce org nor the devices used nor the connectivity has changed significantly recently

https://github.com/koenfaro90/SFDC-ConcurrentPerOrgLongTxn-Reproduction

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/5006
This was selected as the best answer
GMASJGMASJ
Thanks Raj for you reply can you tell me how to check  Sync web services on the Object 

Thanks
Sudhi
GMASJGMASJ
Hi Raj, 

One more thing to add I tried updating opportunity and lead both were getting failed with same error message. 

Thanks
Sudhir
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Can you see is there any API calls are making in debug logs