function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763 

custom links in lightning experience

We are in the process of migrating the SF classic application to Lightning experience using SLDS. 
In classic app, in left navigation bar, I have Custom Links on home tab under Useful Links section. These links connect to external application (something like http://Test.domain.com/createUserForm). In Lightning experience, by design I do not have left side bar. So I need to get those custom links on the home page. I read that I can create Custom object with links and then customize the home page by adding that object. Is that the correct approach? I am looking for some example or tutorial. 
Is it possible to use same links in classic and lightning? 
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Nuevo,
As per my understanding you dont need to create object you can use Custom Metadata Which almost similer to list type of  custom setting and it is very easy to manage. You can use this in both envirements.
Thanks
Nuevo9763Nuevo9763
I am familiar with using metadat and yes you are absolutely right, custom metadata can be used for this purpose. However my first problem is how to customize the Home page in Lightning experience(LEX)? How to add these Custom links to home page in LEX. Like I mentioned in my OP, the classic has these links and they are used in Home Page Componet. I am trying to figure out how to get the same functionality in LEX. LEX doe not support Left side bar.