function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maria Lluch Rodriguez de Diego LloMaria Lluch Rodriguez de Diego Llo 

invalid request

Hello,
For MAKRKETINGCLOUD.  I am trying to update a Data Extension for a triggered send via Rest API and I get the following error message "Invalid request, this operation has not been enabled for this Account or Data Extension"
This is the call and the error message:
https://www.exacttargetapis.com/data/v1/async/dataextensions/key:external_key/rows
{
    "requestId": "9bb96b47-7043-465f-8fcd-024979dd06f9",
    "resultMessages": [
        {
            "resultType": "Validation",
            "resultClass": "Error",
            "resultCode": "OperationNotAllowed",
            "message": "Invalid request, this operation has not been enabled for this Account or Data Extension."
        }
    ]
}
On the installation package I had turned on all the options, including READ/WRITE on dataextensions and the user I log in as has the appi user option switched on
Is it possible to update a Data Extension via REST API or should I use SOAP? in case it is possible, what am I doing wrong?
Cole TimmCole Timm
Maria - did you ever figure out a resolution to this? I'm experiencing the same issue... Thanks!
madhukar adminmadhukar admin
@Maria did find solution this  ? .. I'm also facing same issue .. Im sending REST API on data extension 
Cole TimmCole Timm
@madhukar admin - I believe the issue is that this specific endpoint is leveraging the async solution, instead of the sync solution. Your Marketing Cloud account needs to have the async API enabled by SFMC support, but you can use the async endpoints. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

-Cole, Slalom Consulting
madhukar adminmadhukar admin
@cole Timm , Thank you for information , how do you check do whether async API enabled  or not /or where can I check this in my account  
Cole TimmCole Timm
@madhukar admin - I don't know of a way other than checking with SFMC support. I've never seen any information within admin setting or anything to know without asking. 

-Cole, Slalom Consulting