function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joshua MeyerJoshua Meyer 

Developer Console Frozen On Save

When I try to save an Apex class or trigger in sandbox, the developer console hangs up on saving and never finishes.

I've tried deleting my workspace. I've also done 'Cancel Save (Cancels all deployments).

Have been reading old threads for over an hour to no avail.

Any idea on what to try next?

Thanks!

Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Please try closing all the open classes, triggers etc. in the Developer Console. Close all the browsers, reopen the Develop Console after loging in the Salesforce. Open just the class you wanted to work on. See if this resolve the issue.
Joshua MeyerJoshua Meyer
Thanks Abdul, I have already tried this and even restarted the computer.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Clear your browser history and then login again 
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Is it happening on all the classes or on a particular class? Please try some other class.
Joshua MeyerJoshua Meyer
Have tried clearing history. And it appears to be happening on all clasess/triggers.
Joshua MeyerJoshua Meyer
Also getting this error: Failed to create deployment: This container has a save in progress with deploymentId=1dr0R000000S1km. You may not enqueue a request until this completes.: Metadata Container ID
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Try to kill that process
Joshua MeyerJoshua Meyer
How do I do that Abdul?
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Can you share the screen shot of that error you are getting?
SandeepSandeep
Hello Joshua, 

See if this helps,
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/20775/failed-to-create-deployment-this-container-has-a-save-in-progress-with-deployme

Thanks,
Sandeep. 
Joshua MeyerJoshua Meyer
Thanks for all your suggestions. I just looked at the trust website and noticed our server is experiencing performance degredation which appears to be the problem.