function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cole M BennettCole M Bennett 

CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER while creating approval processes

Req A

Req B

All - I have reviewed the configuration and do not see the issue.  The exercise is listed at the following link - 
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_intermediate/modules/business_process_automation/units/approvals

I am also experiencing issues with this error message on another challenge in the Lightning Flow set - https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_intermediate/modules/business_process_automation/units/process_builder

Please review my screenshots for more guidance…. thanks!

bhanu_prakashbhanu_prakash
Hi Cole,
Mark as best answer, If it resloves !!
This error is happening due to some of process builder is running in org . In order to find which process builder that facing issue to you is 
https://{node}.salesforce.com/designer/designer.apexp#Id={ProcessBuilderId}
https://geoapp-dev-ed.my.salesforce.com/designer/designer.apexp#Id=XXXXXXXXXX
need to replace your url like these in place of node replace your url and process builder id paste id which is facing in error .
"System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301O00000008hM6. 
Contact your administrator for help.: []"

Ex: these is process builder id 301O00000008hM6.
you will get process builder name, now need to statisfy your workflow which statisfy process builder condition or you need to deactive process builder
Mark as resloved if it helps :) :)
Thanks, 
Bhanu Prakash
visit ForceLearn.com  (https://www.forcelearn.com/)​ 
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi Cole,

Try deactivating the process you created in th previous challenge. And check challenge again.
Let me know if it helps.
Thanks!
Thanks Bhanu - the instructions you gave is the correct answer on why I got the error, but the guidance to point the process builder to my test org in not clear.  I received an email that I will post that mentions the builder is impacting my work org, which is not what I expected since this is on my racoon test account.  Please review the email below the dotted line, and let me know how to point the process builder to my test org - https:// https://brave-raccoon-225419-dev-ed.lightning.force.com.salesforce.com/, and not the main org 00Df4000004I563.

The logic for the Process Builder is to identify records that have changed.  If changes were made to any of the attributes, the system would then update the contact records with the parent account information...
---------------------------------------------------
Error element myRule_1_A1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
This error occurred when the flow tried to update records: The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCity because it hasn't been set or assigned.. You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide.

Flow Details
Flow Name: Update_Contact_Address_Fields
Type: Record Change Process
Version: 3
Org: PGDx (00Df4000004I563)
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Update_Contact_Address_Fields-3_InterviewLabel
Current User: Cole Bennett (005f4000001or0e)
Start time: 6/11/2018 6:35 AM
Duration: 0 seconds
How the Interview Started
Cole Bennett (005f4000001or0e) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = 001f400000Rxb94AAB
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!$Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "6/11/2018 6:35 AM"
DECISION: isChangedDecision2_myRule_1_ShippingCity
Executed this outcome: isChangedRule_2_myRule_1_ShippingCity
Outcome conditions: or
1. {!myVariable_old} (null) Is null true
2. {!myVariable_old.Parent.Parent.ShippingCity} (<myVariable_old.Parent.Parent.ShippingCity couldn't be resolved>) Equals {!myVariable_current.Parent.Parent.ShippingCity} (<myVariable_current.Parent.Parent.ShippingCity couldn't be resolved>)
Logic: One condition must be true (OR)
DECISION: isChangedDecision3_myRule_1_ShippingStreet
Executed this outcome: isChangedRule_3_myRule_1_ShippingStreet
2. {!myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingStreet} (<myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingStreet couldn't be resolved>) Equals {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingStreet} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingStreet couldn't be resolved>)
DECISION: isChangedDecision4_myRule_1_ShippingState
Executed this outcome: isChangedRule_4_myRule_1_ShippingState
2. {!myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingState} (<myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingState couldn't be resolved>) Equals {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingState} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingState couldn't be resolved>)
DECISION: isChangedDecision5_myRule_1_ShippingPostalCode
Executed this outcome: isChangedRule_5_myRule_1_ShippingPostalCode
2. {!myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingPostalCode} (<myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingPostalCode couldn't be resolved>) Equals {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingPostalCode} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingPostalCode couldn't be resolved>)
DECISION: isChangedDecision6_myRule_1_ShippingCountry
Executed this outcome: isChangedRule_6_myRule_1_ShippingCountry
2. {!myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingCountry} (<myVariable_old.Parent.ShippingCountry couldn't be resolved>) Equals {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCountry} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCountry couldn't be resolved>)
DECISION: myDecision
Executed this outcome: myRule_1
1. {!isChangedRule_2_myRule_1_ShippingCity} (true) Equals true
2. {!isChangedRule_3_myRule_1_ShippingStreet} (true) Equals true
3. {!isChangedRule_4_myRule_1_ShippingState} (true) Equals true
4. {!isChangedRule_5_myRule_1_ShippingPostalCode} (true) Equals true
5. {!isChangedRule_6_myRule_1_ShippingCountry} (true) Equals true
RECORD UPDATE: myRule_1_A1
Find all Contact records where:
AccountId Equals {!myVariable_current.Id} (001f400000Rxb94AAB)
Update the records’ field values.
MailingCity = {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCity} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCity couldn't be resolved>)
MailingCountry = {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCountry} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCountry couldn't be resolved>)
MailingPostalCode = {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingPostalCode} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingPostalCode couldn't be resolved>)
MailingState = {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingState} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingState couldn't be resolved>)
MailingStreet = {!myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingStreet} (<myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingStreet couldn't be resolved>)
Result
Failed to update records that meet the filter criteria.

Error Occurred: The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Parent.ShippingCity because it hasn't been set or assigned.

Salesforce Error ID: 763564547-24395 (1697043207)

first stepSecond Step
Here is the latest error message - please advise.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 001f400000RxbpQAAR; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, We can't save this record because the “Update Contact Address Fields” process failed. Give your Salesforce admin these details. <b>An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow</b><br>An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Error ID: 1104494855-38088 (1543977564): []

-cmb
this was resolved by selecting the shipping metrics instead of the parent shipping data....completed!