function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TargetX Integration 37TargetX Integration 37 

How to update my username on Trailhead account?

How do you change the username on a Trailhead or Developer Edition account? I tried updating the username from editing the user in Salesforce, but it is giving me a "Please do not change usernames in the Trailhead Playground" error. The same username is also being used on the Production org and it is giving me a Duplicate Username error for that user on Production.
Best Answer chosen by TargetX Integration 37
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

You cannot change the username for trailhead playground.I would suggest you reach trailhead@salesforce.com with your username which you are trying to change, they can update the username for trailhead playground.

Please mark it as Solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

You cannot change the username for trailhead playground.I would suggest you reach trailhead@salesforce.com with your username which you are trying to change, they can update the username for trailhead playground.

Please mark it as Solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
This was selected as the best answer
Abu Wahid 7Abu Wahid 7
Salesforce doesn't want you to change the user name, but if you really have to (like no other options) then decative the User object's validation rule "NoUsernameChangesAllowed" and update the user name. After that make sure to activate the validation rule again.

Thanks,
AW