function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Binu Mathew 8Binu Mathew 8 

I'm unable to create a new global action. When I click on New Action from Global Action, nothing happens. Please help

I'm unable to create a new global action. When I click on New Action from Global Action, nothing happens. Please help
Manish  ChoudhariManish Choudhari
Did you try in both classic and lightning experience?
No, only in Lightning since my module is for lightning. New from Tabs isn't working either. :(
Manish  ChoudhariManish Choudhari
Can you try once in classic and let me know if it is working there?
When I try set up from classic, it takes me to the lightning version. I'm really new to SF, so it's possible I could be doing this wrong.
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi,
You have a pretty weird issue. 
First, it should have let you create the global action from the lightning itself(Not sure what you exactly mean by 'nothing happens').
Second, I have never heard something like you get automatically redirected to lightning version. (Did you switch to classic and then clicked on setup?)

If the problem still persists, you should try creating a new trailhead playground.
nothing happens=create layout for a set up a new action doesn't open up.

Classic works for me!
That's weird. 
But since classic works for you so you can carry forward your module. Creating a global action from classic or lightning doesn't make any difference.
When I create a new tab from Classic, the object I need to choose isn't one of the options. Why is that?
Are you creating tab for a custom object?
Yes, a custom object that I created in one of the previous modules.
Is there already a tab for that object?
Negative.
None of my action buttons (tabs, global actions) work in Lightning. I can't edit the publisher layout to add a global action to the salesforce mobile and lightning section if i'm in Classic. It wouldn't let me edit the publisher layout in the Lightning version. (BTW i'm working on the SF mobile app customization module)
Man! You are having some pretty weird issues. 
I am not unaware of such thing which prevents object from getting listed in that dropdown list(one from which we choose our custom object).
In case there is any, Manish must be knowing it.

And to to add a global action to the salesforce mobile and lightning section you have to pick your global action from 'Mobile & Lightning Actions'.
I know :( Manish, please share your expertise for a solution.

Narender, yes, that's what I didn't do. Thank you!
Hey! Are you creating the tab for your custom object from 
Setup->Create->Tabs->New Tab(Custom Object Tabs Section)?

Yes. Rebooted my machine now I can create tabs.

My only persisting problem is not being able to do any of these in lightning version.
Am clueless about that lighnting problem of yours.