function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arut JothiArut Jothi 

Migrating User before using ANT migration tool

What is the best way to effectively migrate user before using ANT to migrate the entire org?
Consider the following scenario:
(a) In my current Org, there are roughly 70+ users, with some of them having account based partner profile. So, unless I have accounts moved and have them enabled as partner account, I cannot have those specific profiles migrated (due to dependency issues).
(b) Lot of flows have references to users and groups and hence, I cannot migrate flows (without editing their XML to replace the users references with admin user or standard partner user). 
(c) In addition to the above, some of the code (VF Pages, Lightning components) have references to the flow and hence, flow and code migration has to happen together. Otherwise, I'm looking at endless ending of the retrieved files and manually deleting or replacing the dependencies.

You can see there would be circular dependency issue with users vs all other in migrating this org. So, I'm wondering what is the most efficient way to migrate such an org. 

Don't ask me how I got into migrating such as org. It was already there built by lof ot people and I'm now trying to create a copy (whilst cleaning it up).