function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ben StahlBen Stahl 

logging back into trailhead after installing an app in the appexchange

After I install any app from the Salesforce AppExchage my same unername and password do not grant me access to my trailhead account. It is like I have been blocked from opening the installed app from my account
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

I would suggest you always install the apps in trailhead playground.

Follow below steps to install the app in trailhead playground.

1.Log into trailhead.

2.Create new trailhead playground, select it and click "Launch"

3.Refer below link and get trailhead playground username and password.

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2659738-how-to-get-a-password-for-my-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478

4.Log into App Exchange from another browser or copy paste the download link in an incognito window.

5.Install in production by providing trailhead playground credentials.

6.Click on "Launch" and check in trailhead playground if App is installed and then check for challenge.

Please mark it as Solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Ben StahlBen Stahl
Hi Sandhya, First thank you for replying to my question. I started the process you so kindly laid out for me and I still am having issues. Everything is fine from step 1-4, However starting at step 5 is when I have run into the same problem. Now I have made a whole new trailhead playground, copied the trailhead username, and reset the password for that specific username. Then going to the salesforce app exchange both through a completely different browser and through an incognito window have both produced the same error codes. I am able to access the app exchange and click on the download button for the apps. But as soon as the window pop up of entering my salesforce username and password and i complete the text boxes with the same username and reset password the page throws an error message in the URL. https://appexchange.salesforce.com/partnerCommunityError?ErrorCode=ERROR_CREATING_USER&ErrorDescription=Required+fields+are+missing%3A+%5BAccount+Name%5D&ProviderId=0SO30000000TN4O&startURL=%2FuserSetup%3Fgt%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fappexchange.salesforce.com%252FappxListingDetail%253FlistingId%253Da0N3A00000EFmsRUAT%2526modal%253Dask_your_admin_for_help So it seems I still have the same problems as before. Is there any way to just delete the trial account. I am wondering if it the trailhead is trying redirect me to only use the trial account I set up. Thank you, Ben Stahl
dheeraj poondladheeraj poondla
Hi Ben, 
Can I know, in which org you are installing the app? Production or Sandbox?
Ben StahlBen Stahl
Hi Dheeraj, I went to install the App in production. However when I was prompted to log back into my trailhead/ Salesforce account the error code ran instead of the download page. Thank you, Ben Stahl
dheeraj poondladheeraj poondla
Hi Ben,
If you are login credentials are used in the other org, the same credentials cannot be used in the present org where you are working. Please check about that part.
Thank you.