function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter Russell 9Peter Russell 9 

how can a non-salesforce user send a pdf template with opportunity merge fields via email? read more!

Hi all,
hopefully, someone can give me some advice here.

Objective: for a non-salesforce user (our lawyers) to send a PDF template with opportunity merge fields to clients in an email. Important information from the pdf template is pushed to the opportunity in question.

I have looked at Form Assembly to push data into fields in an opportunity which triggers CongaComposer to produce the PDF and email it to the contact role, but Form Assembly doesn't push rich text to salesforce so we lose all formatting (bullet points, bold, coloured text and underline all used frequently).

It would also be nice if the lawyers could preview the document before its sent.

Another thing I have considered is something like Pandadocs as they can select a template and preview what they are doing before sending, but it only pulls information from an opportunity if you start from within Salesforce and our lawyers do not have access to Salesforce.

Ideally, a web form similar to what Form Assembly can produce but with rich text abilities would be ideal.

Any suggestions?