function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Giancarlo AmatiGiancarlo Amati 

Update multiple records with Dataloader

Dear All, 
I have a set of records (about 100) of the BCAccount type object. I would need to go through each of them and update the same field with a specific value. 
What's the easiest and fast way to do it having the list of BCAccountId which identify each record?

I was thinking to use Dataloader.

Thank you for your help.

GC

Best Answer chosen by Giancarlo Amati
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
GC,
Dataloader or Data Import Wizard will work for you. Dataloader is an external program you would need to download. Data Import Wizard is in SF in Set up, just search for it.
In an excel doc put all of your Ids in the first column, then the value needed in the second column. Save the file as a CSV and you would use that for either Dataloader or the Import Wizard.

All Answers

Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
GC,
Dataloader or Data Import Wizard will work for you. Dataloader is an external program you would need to download. Data Import Wizard is in SF in Set up, just search for it.
In an excel doc put all of your Ids in the first column, then the value needed in the second column. Save the file as a CSV and you would use that for either Dataloader or the Import Wizard.
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you! :) I had to extract also the Salesforce id of each record which solved the problem. However, there's a limit of a 101 record. Which I solved by splitting into groups. It's a bit of manual work, but it worked. 
Thanks
GC
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
Data Loader should be able to load up to 5,000,000 records at a time. And Import Wizard can do up to 50,000.
Why were you limited to 101? Maybe you have a workflow hindering the upload?
Hi Ryan,
honestly I've no idea as I don't manage the workflows or anything related to the Accounts. That's the Sales dept. But I wasn't event doing an upload. I was doing an update of the accounts. 

GC