function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Layla FernandesLayla Fernandes 

Trouble logging in - Trailhead sandbox

Hi, I'm trying to complete a install AppExchange challenge in Trailhead, but when I try to confirm credentials to install the app in the trailhead sandbox it doesn't accept my login and password. Not sure what to do.. Any suggestions?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Trailhead has not supported login with Sandboxes .. Its only support login with your developer or production org ..
Thank you!
Senaa Al-Ghanem 3Senaa Al-Ghanem 3
I have the same issue with no solution, did you find out the solution? Thanks!

Hi Senaa, not really. According to Raj it's not possible, which is a shame, now I can't complete the challenge.
The problem is also manifesting in my organization's sandbox - not only in playground/trailhead mode. I can't seem to install an app in sandbox mode anywhere.. My credentials are not recognized at all..

Wondering if I should have different credentials for the sandbox mode? 

dheeraj poondladheeraj poondla
Hi,
1. Be sure that you're the administrator of the org, because only system admin have permissions to install apps
2. When you try to install an app from app exchange from sandbox, you'll be prompted to login page.
This login page can be belongs to your Production's org.
So, if you try to Login when the URL is set to login.salesforce.com, it will show your credentials are incorrect,and if you try to update the URL to test.salesforce.com then you'll recieve a message which states that there is a problem with authentication attempt.
Steps to install app exchange:
  • Search and locate your desired application
  • Click on Get It Now, and then login into app exchange
  • From the login screen use the production org's login credentials for an administrator or user with the Download AppExchange Packages permission
  • Now you can get the options to choose Install in Sandbox or Install in Production.
  • After selecting Install in Sandbox, accept the terms and conditions and then confirm and install the app.
  • Now you see the login screen, Enter the desired org's login Credentials and click on Login
  • You will then be directed into the appropriate org to continue with the package installation steps.