function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karin AthanasKarin Athanas 

Not getting email reset or security reset emails

Hi all, 

really need your help, I've been trying for a while now. All I want to do is reset my security token so that I can log into the dataloader so that I can complete the Import and Export with Data Management Tools project. But not only can I not reset my password (I don't get an email), but I can't reset my token, I don't get the email. I've checked, my email is correct and up until 2 days ago I got emails everytime I did something in my playground. Now I'm getting nothing, no emails, ever. What's going on, is anyone else getting this? I'm at a loss for what to do next. Thanks in advance.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Make sure emails are turned on .. 

Go to Setup --> Quick find -->find  the Deliverability page in under email administration Setup, change Access level to All Emails 

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=emailadmin_send_through_salesforce_configure_deliverability.htm&type=5
It's currently set to 'all email'
I just tested the deliverability and I recieve all the test emails, but when I try resetting the token, no email

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
If the your email is correct, and Deliverability is not 'Disabled', Salesforce will send an email to your User account email address when you click 'Reset my Security Token'.   You will need to check your email client Spam or Junk filter to make sure the email is not being stored in a folder other than your Inbox.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Are you using outlook.com ?? then it will go to junk folder 
Hiya, Checked junk folder, nothing in there, checked O365 spambox, not there, tested deliverability and received 30 emails from different IPs, but when I try resetting password or resetting token, it says it emails me, but I don't receive an email. 

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
hmm .. i can't think any thing else .. raise a case with salesforce.. 
Thanks! I ended up trying my developer org and was able to complete the project and also have a ticket open. Appreciate your assistance with this! If I ever discover the problem I'll post it here.