function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Phil WPhil W 

Anyone seeing intermittent "Lightning out App error in callback function : Invalid locator specified - no element found in the DOM with id=x" error with Lightning in Visualforce pages?

Most of the time my Visualforce page with embedded Lightning components (via Lightning-Out in Visualforce) work fine. However, intermittently the lightning components fail to appear and the quoted error above shows up in the footer of the page.

I'm wondering if this is a browser/desktop performance issue causing mis-timing of DOM manipulation, or something else.

Anyone got any ideas?
Benjamin LBenjamin L
Hey Phil, did you ever resolve this issue? One of my users is now getting it when using Internet Explorer, but isn't happening with Chrome.
Phil WPhil W
Hi Benjamin,

No specific discovery other than it was definitely happening more often on long latency, low bandwidth connections, and that is why I suspected a timing issue. IE is a much slower browser generally, so that could help suggest a mis-timing issue in the way that Lightning-Out has been implemented by Salesforce.

Since we got no feedback on this forum post we've just had to live with it, instructing users to do a browser hard refresh if they see this issue (such a hard refresh seems to resolve things generally speaking).
santhosh konchadasanthosh konchada
I am getting this error Consistetly in IE even after Hard refresh screenprints
Guilherme CarmonaGuilherme Carmona
Hello! Does anyone ever found a solution or has updates for this ? Been having the same error randomly in one of my VF pages

Thakns!