function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
demi lovatodemi lovato 

How can I backup my Thunderbird emails on MAc?

Hello 
I am running Thunderbird on my Mac 10.13.4. My profile consists of 70000+ emails on multiple folders. I have also imported a huge bunch of emails from my old mail account in offline folder. Can I somehow back them up against deletion/disk corruption? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

demi lovato 

demi lovatodemi lovato

I got my solution in form of Mail Backup X. the tool picked all my Thunderbird emails in a couple of minutes and backed them all to the configured external storage.

moreover, the tool is offering Automatic Incremental backup. That ends my days of manually archiving the mails. moreover i don't have to create multiple files fro the backup. it concatenates all the old mails and the new ones together, though they all are well distinguished as folders inside.
I tried deleting few of my mails from the server. Added a few mails as a test to the same inbox. To surprise me, the deleted emails were still there in the Mail Backup X (http://www.mailbackupx.com/how-to-scenerios/how-to-backup-thunderbird-for-mac-mails-on-mac.html) Viewer. I suspected it for a sync fault. But the test mails that were added newly post to deletion were also there. That proves this tool syncs really well with the new emails and makes sure that the old emails are kept intact.

A brilliant tool indeed.

the free version is giving me a 15 day free run. I don't find a single restriction being imposed except for the number of exports.

that solves my issue of Thunderbird email Backup.

Yuvraj MathurYuvraj Mathur
You can easily backup Thunderbird emails on your Mac using MacSonik Thunderbird Backup Tool. It is the most advanced and top-rated software to backup and migrate Thunderbird emails into 20+ file formats and email clients. This utility can save all your emails, attachments, tasks, events, and other mailbox items in desired formats. This Thunderbird backup too for Mac allows users to eliminate duplicate email items from the conversion process. It is embedded with multiple advanced features to enhance the backup and migration of Thunderbird MBOX files.

Visit to know more- https://www.macsonik.com/thunderbird-backup/