function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shawn Low 24Shawn Low 24 

Custom Button - I created a custom button on the Lead Object.

When clicked, a new Task window opens and there are several fields that are pre-populated. Here is the code for the button:

window.open('/00T/e?tsk1_lkid='+'{!$User.Id}'+'&tsk5=Community Appointment from NHS&who_id='+'{!Lead.Id}'+'&tsk13=Normal&tsk12=Not Started&00Nj000000AMbZA=Community Appointment from NHS');

I am trying to populate one more field. It's a "Pick List" field. It is also a custom field.
(I'm going to add pictures so you all can see what I am talking about)
The custom button on the Lead:

User-added image

The task screen that opens when you click the button: The red arrows show what is prepopulated and the Blue box & arrow show the field I would like to populate.

User-added image

Now here is a twist. The custom field "Division" is a picklist, I stated that earlier, however, the field directly below it, (a custom field that is a multi picklist field) is controled by the "Division" field.
Meaning that once you choose a value for Division, the multi pick list "Community Site" become active and has a predefined list of values. Of which the user can select as many as they like.

My challenge is to find a way to pre-populate the custom picklist field (Division).
I have actually created a formula field called "Division_v2", which looks to the User record for its value. The field is not on the Task page layout, as it was only meant for reference. I was hoping to use a Process to populate or update the field on the Task screen, but those processes, need to wait until the Task is actually "saved" or created, and I need the field to be pre-populated when the User is creating the Task (just like the other pre-populated fields).
I tried adding this to the button code (Red Box), but I am getting an error:
User-added image

Any thoughts??
Thanks
Shawn