function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cody Enboden 5Cody Enboden 5 

Evaluate if a client is a continuing client each month

Hi,

I currently have a field called Intake date that will begin to calculate the total number of days a client has been in a safehouse.  If the client enter a shelter in one month, but remains in shelter into the following month, this client is considered a "Continuing Client." I originally set up a checkbox formula field that is auto calculating this in the background, but the person who is submitting the statistics to grants and funders usually needs up to the first 15 days of a month to work on collecting the data while also performing their other jobs. 

Since the checkbox is constantly evaluating, the person submitting stats begins to get skewed data as the month progresses. She was able to prevent this by adding a handful of filters to a report, but would like a solution where she doesn't have to update all of her reports each month with the new dates. 

As a solution, I was wondering if there was a way where I could use the formula I created to evaluate if a client is a 'continuing client' could be automatically initiated on the last day of each month. On the last day of the month, the process would check all the continuing client boxes that matched the criteria.

Here's the formula I wrote to evaluate 'Continuing Client' in a formula field:

IF(
OR(AND(YEAR(Intake_Date__c) = YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(Intake_Date__c) < MONTH(TODAY()) ),(YEAR(TODAY()) > YEAR(Intake_Date__c)) ),
True, 
False
)