function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LorrMcLorrMc 

Process Builder not working when trying to copy multi pick list value from case to contact

Hi, 
I have a case record type called Client Ending with a field on it called reason for ending which is a multi pick list.
I then have a Contact record type of Client Contact which also has a field called reason for ending and is also a multi pick list. 
What I need to do is copy the data from the case reason for ending to the field from the client ending case to the client contact page but only if this is blank.
I have created the following process but it is not working any advice welcom. 
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
Please help!

Artem ChernovArtem Chernov
I see you use entry condition: Case.Reason_for_Ending__c is null = true
And update criteria: Contact.Reason_for_Ending__c is null = true
It means, your field will never be updated.
Try to use Case.Reason_for_Ending__c is null = false in "Define Criteria for this Action Group"
LorrMcLorrMc
Hi Artem, 
Thank you for the response I changed this now however it is still not working, would the fact both fields are multi pick lists have anything to do with this?
Lorr
Lorr,
I am pretty sure multi picklists should be ok for that kind of proccess. I have the similar proccess and it is working fine.
Try to double check all criterias you have in that proccess. According you last change, Contact.Reason_for_Ending__c field will be updated when it is null and child case is updated with populated Case.Reason_for_Ending__c  field. Don't forget to activate new version of your process also.
LorrMcLorrMc
Thank you Artem, there is only a lookup relationship beteween the two objects will this change anything?
You welcome! Lookup relationship is enough to update parent Contact record from case-child in proccess builder.