function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Radha Rathinavel 1Radha Rathinavel 1 

visualforce page is not overriding in console app

Hi,

I have created a visualforce page and overrided my new button in my custom object. The overrided visualforce page is not working on Service Consle App /  Sales Console app in lightning experience. but it is working on Sales App/ Service App. Can you anyone please help why it is not working on console app
Best Answer chosen by Radha Rathinavel 1
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Lightning console apps don’t currently support:
Overriding default actions with Visualforce

Use Lightning Component overrides instead.

Refer below article 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=console_lex_limitations.htm&type=5

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful, it will make it available for others as a proper solution.

Best Regards,
​Sandhya

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Lightning console apps don’t currently support:
Overriding default actions with Visualforce

Use Lightning Component overrides instead.

Refer below article 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=console_lex_limitations.htm&type=5

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful, it will make it available for others as a proper solution.

Best Regards,
​Sandhya

This was selected as the best answer
ccusicccusic
What I don't currenlty understand is that the VF Page Override works in my Sandbox Lightning Console App, but doesn't work in Prod.  Is there a patch in the upcoming release that allows VF Page Overrides in Console Apps?  That would be nice as it doesn't make any sense to me as to why this functions different from Lightning Console Apps than it does for any other kind of Apps (including Lightning non-Console Apps).  Another frustrating pitfall of Lightning that makes it hard to push for adoption across a large org when I don't even want to use it.