function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Marc gaydosMarc gaydos 

need help with a failed hands on challenge

Create a field on the Contact object
Field data type: Currency
Field label: Loan Amount

I didn't complete the hands on challenge "adding a custom field to the Contact Object". The error message is "the 'loan_amount__c" either does not exists onthe Conact object or it is not of type currency." There wasn't a "loan amount" to choose from, like there was a "currency" to choose from. 

How do I add the Field Label? 
Gajanan KadamGajanan Kadam
Hello,

Please dont enter the Field name manually and should be populated automatically once you enter the Field label. There is problem with your "the loan_amount__c"  API name and should be like as "Loan_Amount__c".

Thanks,
Gajanan
Marc gaydosMarc gaydos
i am not following you Gajanan. Can you elaborate? I understood and was able to add the "field data type:currency" as it was a choice in the "New Custom Field". I can see it in the Contact details now. Adding the "field label:Loan Amount" is where i get confused. Marc We Have Moved Marc Gaydos , COO Private Client Group 103 Eisenhower Parkway 2nd Floor Roseland, NJ 07068 P - 973 422 9140 F - 201-308-8914 www.northeastprivate.com ** Please do not email trade requests as they will not be acted upon. Registered Representative of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS), 200 Broadhollow Road, Suite 405, Melville, NY 11747 631-589-5400. Securities products/services and advisory services offered through PAS, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor. Field Representative, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY. PAS is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian. Northeast Private Client Group is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. PAS is a member of FINRA, SIPC
Marc gaydosMarc gaydos
Gajanan, can up elaborate on my note below? Did I miss your reply? We Have Moved Marc Gaydos , COO Private Client Group 103 Eisenhower Parkway 2nd Floor Roseland, NJ 07068 P - 973 422 9140 F - 201-308-8914 www.northeastprivate.com ** Please do not email trade requests as they will not be acted upon. Registered Representative of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS), 200 Broadhollow Road, Suite 405, Melville, NY 11747 631-589-5400. Securities products/services and advisory services offered through PAS, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor. Field Representative, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY. PAS is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian. Northeast Private Client Group is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. PAS is a member of FINRA, SIPC
Can you please share link of your challenge on trailhead .
S
Marc gaydosMarc gaydos
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/modules/starting_force_com/units/starting_intro?trailmix_creator_id=005500000085AuGAAU&trailmix_id=getting-started-with-salesforce We Have Moved Marc Gaydos , COO Private Client Group 103 Eisenhower Parkway 2nd Floor Roseland, NJ 07068 P - 973 422 9140 F - 201-308-8914 www.northeastprivate.com ** Please do not email trade requests as they will not be acted upon. Registered Representative of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS), 200 Broadhollow Road, Suite 405, Melville, NY 11747 631-589-5400. Securities products/services and advisory services offered through PAS, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor. Field Representative, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY. PAS is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian. Northeast Private Client Group is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. PAS is a member of FINRA, SIPC
Hi Marc,

Thank you for writing :) !

Please follow below step in order to complete you challenge :
1. From the Setup to launch the setup page.
2. Click the Object Manager tab.
3. Click Contact.
4. Under Fields & Relationships, click New.
5. A data type indicates what kind of information your field holds. For this field, pick Currency and click Next.
6. The Field Label is what you see on the Contact page. Enter Loan Amount and click Next.
7. Click Next and then Save.

If this help , Please mark as best answer.

Thanks,
Gajanana

Marc gaydosMarc gaydos
wonderful Gajanana, it worked. you are very helpful and were very patient with me. Thank you, Marc We Have Moved Marc Gaydos , COO Private Client Group 103 Eisenhower Parkway 2nd Floor Roseland, NJ 07068 P - 973 422 9140 F - 201-308-8914 www.northeastprivate.com ** Please do not email trade requests as they will not be acted upon. Registered Representative of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS), 200 Broadhollow Road, Suite 405, Melville, NY 11747 631-589-5400. Securities products/services and advisory services offered through PAS, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor. Field Representative, The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY. PAS is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian. Northeast Private Client Group is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. PAS is a member of FINRA, SIPC
Hi Marc,

Welcome :)

Please mark as best answer 

Thanks,
Gajanan