function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lindsay JohnsonLindsay Johnson 

I changed an API

Hi all - I did something I shouldn't have.  I changed the API names for the 3 options in my picklist field... and now my process builder processes don't work because they want the API name...but even if I select the coressponding label name, it won't work.  

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.
The Error I get (Notice it shows the API, but in Process Builder my only option is to select the Picklist Value)
Rahul.MishraRahul.Mishra
Hi,

I tried the same thing in dev org and it works well, mean changing the API name of picklist options does not effect here since picklist options are validated based on label. If you could provide more info then I may help you.

Thanks,
Rahul

Thanks Rahul!

Screenshots below.  As you can see in process builder it allows me to select the picklist option.
User-added image

These are my picklist values (with the updated API's)
User-added image

And finally this is the error that I get when the process builder runs.  

User-added image

Basically if a record is selected as Priority Brand, then we update a bunch of fields based on different agreements we have.

For this particular one, they are only allowed the Optiojn 1 Tablet.  However I changed the API's because the original user who set these up used a quotation in the API and it messed up all my validation rules, so I was bold and changed it to something basic.  Now this is happening :(

Does this help give you more context?

I appreciate your help!

Rahul.MishraRahul.Mishra
Hi,

I have understood now what is the problem, but when I tried the same thing, I mean updating the options api after setting up the process, it does not show me the error, it does not fire as well. but it works well when I clone that version and activate back again, you try one thing, clone that PB version and activate that, if it still throws error, try deactivating the Validation Rule for time being which is related to that and try to create record.

Let me know if it does helps you.

Thanks,
Rahul
Hi Rahul--

There are no validation rules related to this field, so that wouldn't be causing it.

I did clone the PB version and reactivate - and the error shows.  It's very odd.....

Thank you for testing it out - I wish it worked as easily for me as it did for you!
I did also change the Field Values as well.  Would that be an issue too? I forgot to mention that.  
Rahul.MishraRahul.Mishra
You mean, field options label ?, field options would be issue for sure, need to be the updated one in PB.