function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnonymouseAnonymouse 

Custom Object Gives Error That API Name Does Not Exist When Attempting to Use It for Visualforce Page

Hello,

I am currently making Visualforce pages for custom objects. I've created several by just replacing the API Name for each. One of the custom objects is giving me an error in Visualforce by saying that the custom object does not exist. 

The particular custom object is part of a managed package; however, I've already created other Visualforce pages with other objects from that same package without any issues.

Just to clarify, I am using the API Name of the custom object (example: customObject__c).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jackie
Best Answer chosen by Anonymouse
AnonymouseAnonymouse
Hi Raj,

I found out that if I went into the Visualforce Page and modified the version of the object that was being used on the page, then I no longer had the error.

Thank you for looking into it.

Sincerely,
Jackie

All Answers

AnonymouseAnonymouse
P. S. I have also run a query and there were no errors running the query. (Example: SELECT Id FROM customObject__C)
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
DO you have an access for that package?  I mean license to that package? please check.

AnonymouseAnonymouse
Hi Raj,

I found out that if I went into the Visualforce Page and modified the version of the object that was being used on the page, then I no longer had the error.

Thank you for looking into it.

Sincerely,
Jackie
This was selected as the best answer