function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AchtungAchtung 

Process Builder to copy three field value from the Child object to its Parent object.

Hi,

I'm currently creating a process builder that will automatically copy my field values from the child object to its parent object. 

The scenario is, in my child object, I have three record types and each record store a value to their respective field. In the parent object, I have three respective fields and my goal is to populate this three fields from the three record types of the child object.

Say, child record type A has a field value 'A', child record type B has a field value 'B', and child record type C has a field value 'C'. Once the object is either created or updated, the process builder shall copy these three fields to their designated fields in the parent object.

I currently created three separate process builders that copies the fields depending on their record types. However, I want to combine this into a single process builder for easy maintenanceand troubleshooting.

Appreciate any ideas on this! :) 
Best Answer chosen by Achtung
Akshay_DhimanAkshay_Dhiman
Hi
Danilo Ong
  You need to create Three Add criteria (for Record Type A,Record Type B and Record Type C) and add for each Add crieria True condtion
  Criteria Name*
  Criteria for Executing Actions -
  User-added image
User-added image

if you found this answer helpful then please mark it as best answer so it can help others.

Thanks 
AKshay Dhiman

All Answers

Hi
Danilo Ong
  You need to create Three Add criteria (for Record Type A,Record Type B and Record Type C) and add for each Add crieria True condtion
  Criteria Name*
  Criteria for Executing Actions -
  User-added image
User-added image

if you found this answer helpful then please mark it as best answer so it can help others.

Thanks 
AKshay Dhiman
This was selected as the best answer
AchtungAchtung
Hi Akshay! Thansk for the inputs. But wouldn't it stop of the first True Condition? Since it has satisfied the first RecordType? It's possible that all three record types are populated.

Thanks!
Hi Danilo Ong,

At a time you insert a single record if R.T is A then no need to check next condition and R.T is B then no need to check R.T C.
 finally, at a time execute one condition for a single record type.

Thanks