function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jason Knisley 3Jason Knisley 3 

Apex Debugger Error

I am trying to use the Apex Debugger in VS Code (after following the steps at https://github.com/forcedotcom/salesforcedx-vscode/tree/develop/packages/salesforcedx-vscode-apex-debugger#set-up-the-apex-debugger), and I get the following error: "You exceeded your licensed number of debugging sessions. Please end other sessions or purchase more."

I have tried with scratch orgs with both "edition": "Enterprise" and "edition": "Developer" in the definition file, with "DebugApex" included in the "features" and the DebugApex permission granted to my scratch org user. The parent org for my scratch orgs is an Enterprise Edition, and under Apex Debugger it says "Your child orgs aren't using any Apex Debugger licenses. You have 1 license available.". Under Apex Debugger in my scratch orgs, it says "Your org doesn't have any active Apex Debugger sessions.".

Am I missing something that would prevent me from starting an Apex Debugger session in my scratch orgs?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Its a limitation of the salesforce

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.eclipse.meta/eclipse/debugger_limits.htm

You can have only one active debugging session per org across all the org’s sandboxes. However, you can purchase more sessions for your parent org. Each sandbox org can have only one active session.
Resample AdminResample Admin
I am having the same issue as Jason.  And the link provided does not provide any additional insight?  

If there is a license available and none are being used in sratch orgs or sandboxes .... is it should be available.  

VS Code still give me the same error though. 
Maria Murphy 12Maria Murphy 12
Hi:
Is the limit of one debugging session per developer? Example: If developer A has a debugging session open, he/she cannot open a second one but developer B can still open a debugging session correct?