function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Guru 91Guru 91 

How to get Custom Metadata object in process builder to update field?

Hi, 
I have two picklist Country and other Division. I want to update Division picklist based country
I stored Maping table on Custom metadata object and now I need update Division field based on Country by reffering Custom Metadata Object.
Can anyone help me with that.

Thanks
Chandra@AtlantaChandra@Atlanta
Guru,

Not sure about Mapping table, but you can create dependent picklist using the out of box. below are the steps to create a dependant picklist as an example

1. create a global pick list for country  --> objects and fields --> picklist value set
2. add this pick list to the desired object example: Account by selecting the global picket in the drop down
3. create a new picklist Division as desired (this is a entire list)
4. once both the fields are created, click on the object name -> fields and relationships -> field dependencies button
5. create a new field dependency and select controlling field as "Country" and dependent as "Division"
6. this will present you with a spread table type format, where you can select you dependencies by country, then save.
7. once you go the objects page layout, it will work as expected.

By Falcon100 (Your valuable click "Solved", motivates me to help others)
Guru 91Guru 91
Thank you Falcon,
I did Feild Dependency between Country and Division.
Country is standard picklist having 239 values
Division is custom picklist having 4 values like (Asia,America, Europe,Other)
I Have a Exel sheet with country and Division mapping.
So I Created metadata object and i stored all information.
When I create account and select country and after saving record division automatically updated.

thanks
Guru91,

So, Are you good?

Guru 91Guru 91
No 
It is not happening.
Guru,

it looks like you have to write apex code to query the metadata object map to get the correct value and populate the division.

By Falcon100 (please provide feedback)