function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eirik Fladby 8Eirik Fladby 8 

\Auto populate "To:" field in Email tab on custom object

Hi,

We have a custom object called Subscription Line. This object has the Email tab, but the To: field for email is not automatically populated with the related account's email. Anyone knows how to do this? The account is not directly linked to the Subscription Line, but to the Subscription.User-added image
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
Did you check on defining a 'predefined value' on your custom object's email quick action?
Yes, I have added the account email as a field on the subscription line. I made a process which populates that field with the account's email. But for some reason I can't add the account email field as a predefined value?User-added image
Can you post the definition (like data type etc) of the field you are trying to use ('Account_email__c')?

It's a text field. See image below.
User-added image
Hi Eirik,

One last clarification, are you using global action OR custom action? because custom actions do not have an option of altering any email properties.

Hi Chandra,

I'm using global action!

User-added image

Thanks Eirik. Based on the understanding I tried to mimic what you have been trying to do and it seems we cannot create any custom fields for standard global actions in salesforce.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=case_interaction_send_email_quick_action_considerations.htm&type=5