function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stefano AmentaStefano Amenta 

Visual Flow: Insufficient access on cross reference entity

Hi!

I have built a visual flow and hosted it on a public Force site (guest user is called "Teacher Profile").

The guest user has CREATE, READ and EDIT access to the custom object referred by the flow.

The guest user also has read and edit access to any field of the custom object.

When I run the flow, I keep getting the following error and I can't figure out why:

Error element Migrate_form_to_SF (FlowRecordCreate).
This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY: insufficient access rights on cross-reference id.

I understand this is about permissions, but again the guest user has permissions to all the fields listed in "Migrate form to SF".

thank for your help.
Stefano
Best Answer chosen by Stefano Amenta
Finally, I found the issue.

The master-detail field in the custom object was set to "Read/Write: Allows users with at least Read/Write access to the Master record to create, edit, or delete related Detail records."

After switching to Read Only, the flow worked.

All Answers

Sampath SuranjiSampath Suranji
Hi,
As I see you are going to access a lookup field or master detail field which the user doesn't has sufficient access rights. Please double check the fields which are referencing in the flow.

regards
Sampath
Hi Sampath,

thanks for the reply.

The guest already has read and edit access to the lookup field referenced in the flow.
Finally, I found the issue.

The master-detail field in the custom object was set to "Read/Write: Allows users with at least Read/Write access to the Master record to create, edit, or delete related Detail records."

After switching to Read Only, the flow worked.
This was selected as the best answer
AthiSachiAthiSachi
hello Stefano Amenta,
Can you explain further? where did you change to "read only" ?
Raji MRaji M
Hi AthiSachi,

You need to change the Sharing Settings from Read/Write to Read Only on the field not on the OWD.
I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Raji M
Mitch Lynch 49Mitch Lynch 49
To manage the Read Only setting that Stefano refers to above, go to Setup > Object Manager > select the custom object you are trying to create a record for.  Look for a field that defines a master-detail relationship and edit.  You will see the Sharing Setting as he described.  Thanks Stefano - this was the same issue I just had and I had overlooked this setting.
Integration Account 8Integration Account 8

Thanks Stefano Amenta, I just ran into this issue with a flow on a community page for public guest user. Solved it right away!