function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kathryn PuzzangheraKathryn Puzzanghera 

Issue with "Level Up with Advanced Formulas" Challenge

Per this module, I am trying to create a validation rule that fires if IsClosed is not selected and CloseDate is yesterday or earlier.  I've written this formula:
and(
not(IsClosed),
today() >= CloseDate
)

The error I'm getting on trailhead just says that this isn't working properly and I should double-check it.  Anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!
Steven NsubugaSteven Nsubuga
AND(NOT(IsClosed), CloseDate < TODAY())

I got the same error again
Steven NsubugaSteven Nsubuga
Maybe the issue is with the expected error message. Make sure the message is "Hey McFly, unless you are planning to go back in time, please update your close date" and that it is at the top of the page
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Try this  .. 

AND(NOT(IsClosed),(CloseDate <= (Today() - 1)))

So Raj, that changed the error message to "The validation rule references the correct formula" so that sounds closer.  Any other ideas for why this still isn't working?  (and I double-checked the error message per Steven's suggestions and there don't seem to be any issues)
MKCMKC
Hi Kathryn, i was getting the same error as you have mentioned and this is how i resolved it,
in the Close_date_alert validation rule, make sure it is active. The active check box is right under the rule name and i used 
NOT(IsClosed) && CloseDate < TODAY()
Hey MKC, thanks for chiming in.  This is the first time I've had some free time to try this out.  I double-checked that the validation rule was active, which it was, and I used the code you gave me...it still gave me an error.  Do you have any other ideas?