function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kathryn Cantwell 17Kathryn Cantwell 17 

Reporting Issue: How to Exclude Data When Multiple Records are Used

I am trying to build one report that contains data for all salespeople that is broken down by divisions; however, I need to exclude the salesperson's primary division and only show the salesperson's data for other divisions where they have assisted.  For example, John is assigned to Division 1 but assisted in Divisions 2 & 3; Mary is assigned to Division 2 but assisted in Division 3.  I need John's data to only include Divisions 2 & 3 and Mary's to only include Division 3.  Again, all this needs to be on one report.  

To set up the report I need 2 filters: (1) Accounting Period; (2) AR Status.  The additional filters are: (3) Customer Rep Name Equals John; (4) Division is Not Equal to Division 1; (5) Customer Rep Name Equals Mary; (6) Division is Not Equal to Division 2.  So, my logic is:  ((1 AND 2 AND (3 AND 4) OR (5 AND 6)). . . . but, as you guessed: it's not working.  I'm still getting John's info for Division 1 (I guess when 5 & 6 are read, it brings back 3 and 4?).  Suggestions?  Thoughts?

Many, many thanks!

PS: And I have no idea which category would address a reporting issue. . . .

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Use salesforce report filter ( dynamic report filter by passing the Divisions  dynamically )