function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Frederick H LaneFrederick H Lane 

Create a SOAP Project with SoapUI - Trailhead challenge

I can't get my SOAP UI to accept the logon.
I've followed the instructions as;
You generate the wsdl for the playgorund.
Copy the username from the settings. i.e fredericklanesquash@curious-goat-486834.com
Requested a new security token from this playgorund
So, it won't accept therefore, I get no session ID

My Request1 Session URL is;  https://login.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/43.0
My script is
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com">
   <soapenv:Header>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <urn:login>
         <urn:username>fredericklanesquash@curious-goat-486834.com</urn:username>
         <urn:password>PasswordxxxxSecurityTokenxxxxx</urn:password>
      </urn:login>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Error is;
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sf="urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode>sf:INVALID_LOGIN</faultcode>
         <faultstring>INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.</faultstring>
         <detail>
            <sf:LoginFault xsi:type="sf:LoginFault">
               <sf:exceptionCode>INVALID_LOGIN</sf:exceptionCode>
               <sf:exceptionMessage>Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.</sf:exceptionMessage>
            </sf:LoginFault>
         </detail>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
Best Answer chosen by Frederick H Lane
TSMETSME
Yeah, I feel your pain. I struggle a bit with the same with all these trailhead playgrounds. But for most of the trailhead modules you don't need any password, you can just connect from the module page, very handy! For all content related to APIs and package installation and so you need to get once your password for the playground instance, but afterwards you should be good to go again.

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Remove version number from URI as noted in the challenge.

We aren’t using managed packages for this example, so we can remove the package version number from the end of the URI. Go ahead and do that now.

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

Many thanks Sandhya. I passed the challenge whilst also understanding more about SOAP UI. But, why is it necessary to resent your password first ans why must we request a new security token all the time?
TSMETSME
It isn't necessary to reset your password all the time to use the SOAP interface. However to login via SOAP you'll need a password and security token, but your token is unknown for a newly created trailhead playground. The easiest way to get a new token is by resetting your password once, you'll receive an email with a new generated token. After this step you'll have a new password and token that you can now use everytime to login through SOAP (until the next password reset where you'll receive a new token).
Great response thanksTSME. It's all very Clunky really, isn't it? Having to do to standard SFDC password update for our dev org is it stands is a pain and a little overkill I think. But, with your advice, I can now go on.
Sorry, but I need to answer here because I keep getting a 503 Maintenence update. Sometimes with all these password in addition to the std dev password reset requirements, Playground functionality issues and then site maintenance, the system still seems very klunky?
TSMETSME
Yeah, I feel your pain. I struggle a bit with the same with all these trailhead playgrounds. But for most of the trailhead modules you don't need any password, you can just connect from the module page, very handy! For all content related to APIs and package installation and so you need to get once your password for the playground instance, but afterwards you should be good to go again.
This was selected as the best answer