function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manj_SFDCManj_SFDC 

Create Report Option for a single object

Heelo folks,

I have a custom object and Allow Reports is disabled on it, I would like to grant the permission to some of the users to create a report on that custom object , can it be done?

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Manj_SFDC
Manj_SFDCManj_SFDC
Thanks Nagendra Can I make the custom report type available only to certian set of users?

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Manju,

Please find the clear explanation below.

If you check the "allow reports" box then they become available to report on without you needing to define a custom report type.

If you click on "New Report" you will find them in the section Other Reports, unless your object is master-detail to a standard object in which case you will find them within that standard objects section. For example "Accounts with My Reportable Objects"

If you deselect "allow reports", then the Object is removed from the list of standard report types available. If the object is the child in a master-detail relationship, and the child has allow reports enabled but the parent does not, then no standard report is available.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are facing a similar issue.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Manj_SFDCManj_SFDC
Thanks Nagendra Can I make the custom report type available only to certian set of users?
This was selected as the best answer
Manj_SFDCManj_SFDC
this helped me to some extent 

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=906300000019LNIAA2