function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Owen O'FlahertyOwen O'Flaherty 

Do my packages disappear while submitting an AppExchange listing?

Hi - an odd one (for me anyway.)

I'm currently preparing a submission to the AppExchange for a a listing containing a managed package. The manage package consists of just one connected app.

It's currently in progress. However, when I flick back to Publishing -> Organizations in partners.salesforce.com, I see the developer org that I used to create the connected app in, but it's listed there as having zero packages! I even tried creating another dummy package in that org, but Salesforce Partners insists there are zero. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?

Thanks, Owen

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Owen O'Flaherty
I think I understand what the situation is now - I made a change to the package, with version number.

After such a change, you have to click 'Upload' on the package again to make it available for publishing.

Hope this might be useful for someone else stuck with this 'gotcha'!

In the end, I managed to get around this altogether by realizing that my proposed AppExchange listing only uses the Salesforce API, and therefore doesn't even need a package associated with it.

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Check in pacakages tab if there are any listed as from reference of below link as if the AppExchange finds any packages, they appear on the Packages tab on the Publishing page.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/appexchange_publish_organizations.htm

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

Hi Sandhya,

Unfortunately, the Publishing->Packages tab also claims I have zero packages.  It is especially strange, as under Organizations, it lists my developer account but says it has zero packages even though I even created a dummy package in it (which isn't part of an AppExchange listing).
I think I understand what the situation is now - I made a change to the package, with version number.

After such a change, you have to click 'Upload' on the package again to make it available for publishing.

Hope this might be useful for someone else stuck with this 'gotcha'!

In the end, I managed to get around this altogether by realizing that my proposed AppExchange listing only uses the Salesforce API, and therefore doesn't even need a package associated with it.
This was selected as the best answer
sravanthi bhavanamsravanthi bhavanam
Hi Owen O'Flaherty,

Could you please send me the procedure for listing the apps which does not need any package and just uses salesforce API.