function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Durgesh VyasDurgesh Vyas 

Custom object not appearing in global search

I have created custom object with tab and created few test entries.

- In object defination it is set as searchable
- Uses's profile has read access to object
- object tab is hidden in user's profile (I don't want users in profile see the tab but they can still search by Name)

User do not see custom object in available option in search. Is there any other permission I need to set?
Can I make custom object searchable even when the tab is hidden?

System admin is able to see custom object in available option.

Durgesh VyasDurgesh Vyas
Org wide default on custom object is set to public read/write.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
In order to get the result in the global search , you need to create a tab for the custom object .. 

Go ahead and create a tab and then try to search ... you can able to see the result 
Durgesh VyasDurgesh Vyas
I've already created custom object tab.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
1. Your custom object has a custom tab

Custom object records are searchable in the Salesforce user interface only if the custom object is associated with a custom tab. Reference: Searchable Fields: Custom Object.

2. User's assigned profiles have appropriate tab settings for the object

To allow your users to find a custom object’s records when they search the object's custom tab settings for users profiles must be set to Default On or Default Off. See Tab Settings for more details.

3. Ensure that the custom object's "Allow Search" is enabled

Note: By default, search is disabled for new custom objects however, in some circumstances Support working in conjunction with an org's administrator may have deliberately disabled this feature in order to improve search performance and indexing. That said, it's important to confirm whether or not this may be intentionally disabled before enabling. See Guidelines for Making Search Faster for more details.
Durgesh VyasDurgesh Vyas
After setting Default Off on tab it  worked. 

Is there any way to disable Tab persnolization for user in lightning ?