function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Debbie DockeryDebbie Dockery 

How do I write a validation rule so a profile ID can not assign a case to a specific value on the picklist?

I do not want to allow our Tech Ops Profile ID00e600000016CEK to be able to assign a case directly to Escalated Tech Ops from the Case Status Picklist.  I want it to give them an erro message "Must Assign to TS Evaluation".  Here's what I have and I continue to get a syntax error "an extra "AND".  Please help
ISPICKVAL( Status , "Escalated Tech Ops")
AND($Profile.Id "00e600000016CEK","Must Assign to TS Evaluation"))
Best Answer chosen by Debbie Dockery
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Try this

AND(
ISPICKVAL( Status , "Escalated Tech Ops") , 
OR( 
$Profile.Id =="00e600000016CEK" , 
$Profile.Id =="00e600000016CEK"
 )

)

All Answers

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Use this 

AND(
)

Thank you.  Can I do this with 2 Profile ID's?
Thank you. Can I do this with 2 Profile ID's? Debbie Dockery Director, Compliance & Operations | INTRADIEM 404.557.2503 The information contained in this email is intended for the individual or entity above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, forward or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete this message from your system. Thank you.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Try this

AND(
OR( 
$Profile.Id =="00e600000016CEK" , 
 )

)

This was selected as the best answer
Thank you!
I need to allow the profiles to make other changes to the case.  How can I do that?
Thank you! I need to allow them to be able to make other changes to the case. How would I do that? Thanks, Debbie Debbie Dockery Director, Compliance & Operations | INTRADIEM 404.557.2503 The information contained in this email is intended for the individual or entity above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, forward or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete this message from your system. Thank you. From: Debbie Dockery Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 7:03 PM To: reply Subject: RE: (Salesforce Developers): New reply to your question. Thank you. Can I do this with 2 Profile ID's? Debbie Dockery Director, Compliance & Operations | INTRADIEM 404.557.2503 The information contained in this email is intended for the individual or entity above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, forward or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete this message from your system. Thank you.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Can you please explan what you are trying to do ? 
Sure, I do not have them to have the ability to change the status to Escalated Tech Ops, but they need access to edit all remaining fields on the case if the status is "escalated Tech Ops".
Thank you.
Sure, I do not want them to have the ability to change the status to “escalated tech ops” but they should have permission to edit and save changes to the remaining fields on the case if the status is equal to Escalated Tech Ops. The formula works as far as they not being able to change the status to Escalated tech ops, however, it also does not allow them to edit the remaining fields on the case. Thank you, Debbie Debbie Dockery Director, Compliance & Operations | INTRADIEM 404.557.2503 The information contained in this email is intended for the individual or entity above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, forward or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete this message from your system. Thank you.